Monday, January 7, 2013

handmade gifts 2012, part 3


The last handmade gift is a reprise of the Phil 4:6-7 papercut I made for Robyn a while back. This version is for my sister, Leigh.

It fits an 8 x 10 inch frame. I changed it a bit from Robyn's with more leaves and no birds included. I included several background colors with it so she could switch it up and find one that worked best for her decor.


I gifted it to her along with a pillow cover you see folded and tied above that I made from some Crate & Barrel napkins. I forgot to take a picture of it on an actual pillow. Oops. It's a nice, Christmasy array of bold green stripes. I made it in my favorite, quick no-zipper-required envelope method, which took three napkins. Also no hemming, since the edges of the napkins are finished already. Boom.

In addition to those I gave some Rifle Paper Co. notes and the Penguin Classic edition of Cranford, in honor of the afternoons we spent watching the mini-series together and drinking tea. The scene about the oranges. Oh my word. "We will repair to our rooms... and consume our fruit in solitude." So funny. The book is a wonderful read, too.

That wraps up the making for Christmas. I had pie-in-the-sky visions of making the quilts for the girls, but I've set my sights on Valentines for that. Which is probably just as unrealistic. Oh, I did have one more handmade gift besides these, but you've already seen the photos. I made a gift of these two stockings to my lovely sister Lori along with some books. She's a book addict like me.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And you make the nicest comments! I so appreciate you. I LOOOOOVE to make gifts. I worry that all my friends and family are inwardly groaning when they open the boxes. LOL

      Delete
    2. If they start groaning, just send the gifts to me. I'll appreciate them! ;) Some handmade gifts are worth groaning about, but not yours!

      (Just for the record, I did receive both of your replies here. ;) )

      Delete
    3. Roger that, I will! :-) Thanks for helping figure out the email reply thing. It's not perfect, but hey. Good news is, you won't receive many bothersome emails because not that many people comment anymore! I think Pinterest is killing it.

      Delete
  2. You are an amazing gift giver. So thoughtful in your ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and YOU are an amazingly nice comment-leaver. I so appreciate your taking the time to do it, and always being so encouraging!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog Is very informative, I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog. It helped me with ocean of knowledge so I really believe you will do much better in the future. Good job web master.
    florist

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!