Monday, November 23, 2015

Goose a-Laying pattern is now available!


Hopefully in time for your Christmas hand makery, here is the new Goose a-Laying ornament pattern. This is the 6th pattern! I'm halfway through the series now and I'm still loving each one.

Lots of color possibilities. Here are some of my favorites:




And like all the others in this ornament series, they feature the number on the backs.


And this set, like all the ornaments in the 12 Days series, uses a Sulky printable stabilizer to streamline the process. Oh my lands, it really makes the whole thing so quick and easy! No hand-tracing or transferring embroidery patterns! Just print and sew right on the printed lines, as shown in this Gold Ring photo:



YES. Then the stabilizer dissolves away in water.



To download the PDF sewing pattern for Goose a-Laying or any of the other Twelve Days series, visit my Etsy shop or my Craftsy shop

Next year will start with Swan a-Swimming and go from there!

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful design, as always. This is making me feel very festive now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xenia, thanks so much! Yay! It's Christmas making time!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I'm so loving all your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, Grandma G! I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family big and small! (and orange)

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful, just like all your others! I love your color combinations.I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lynn, thanks so much. I need to get busy myself! So much to do in December.

      Delete
  4. So pretty! I love the teal-ish (turquoise?) one the best!

    Do you have a post where you talk about stuffing them? (Is that a silly question?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Catie, no question is a silly question. haha. But no, I don't have a post about stuffing. Is there something I can help with? Usually I have specific suggestions for stuffing within my patterns.

      Delete
    2. I guess I'm wondering what kind of stuffing you use and how do you know how much to use? I've stuffed things before and they always end up lumpy after a while. :/ LOL Is it more quality or quantity? :)

      Delete
    3. Hi, Catie,
      For something this small you can use inexpensive stuffing like Polyfil if you like. The felt is thick and you don't stuff it super tight, so lumps are not usually an issue. I don't really have experience using wool or cotton stuffing but there is a higher quality polyfil that gives a nicer result. I really don't think it's an issue for these ornaments though.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Larissa! :) Your blog is so inspiring!

      Have a Merry Christmas and God bless you and yours!

      Delete
  5. Yay, so glad you got this out! It's so pretty, as expected. I love the egg. Can I order about thirty to sprinkle all over my tree? And another weighted one for a pincushion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Bob, I'll send you the pattern. You'd better get crackin'. Har.

      Delete
  6. Ha. My crackin' days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments are wonderful and I look forward to making them. Where can I buy the patterns please?
    Pauline
    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pauline! The link to the shop is right up there in the top of the post text or to the right of the post where it says My Etsy Shop. thank you!

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!