Wednesday, December 9, 2015

finished ornaments and a new Twelve Days resource page on the blog


This was a bit of selfish ornament sewing. I am trying to make a full set of this aqua/mint/olive colorway for the Twelve Days ornaments just 'cause I like the colors so much. I thought I'd blog it because I can't blog anything else I'm making this month or it will spoil the fun. I know you guys are busy making gifts too! I can just hear the scraps flying.


The whole aqua/mint/olive gang I have so far. Next I need to sew a Turtle Dove. I figure I need at least three full sets of ornaments when all is said and done (besides the one I'm making for Robyn, of course). One set for me and one for each of my two daughters. I'm assuming that they will both want a handmade ornament set lovingly made by their mother's own two hands. One day when they have their own *voice breaking* houses to decorate for Christmas. *weeping*


*mopping face* Also I wanted to show you the new dedicated Twelve Days page. See the new link in the nav bar? It's the information HQ for all the sample color bundles and floss numbers, plus a handy link to every single Twelve Days posts on the blog. I hope it saves you some time searching around for that sample you saw a few months ago.

(The search field widget I had added in the sidebar quit working for some reason and the Blogger search field at the very top left never seems to return what I expect or want. I'll try again to find a good search widget.)

14 comments:

  1. Hi Larissa, Your ornaments have turned out so lovely. The ones I have made I am giving away on my FB page with the anticipation of making many more! I am known for my own felt creations, and I know the readers of Creative Breathing will absolutely love knowing about your beautiful work. Thank you so much for offering your talents for others to discover. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elizabeth, thanks so much! A merry Christmas to you! I followed the link to your retired blog and am now in love with your ornaments and creativity! What's your facebook page? Tried in vain to find you there. Love to keep up.

      Delete
    2. Oh for pete's sake, now I see the links! Nevermind. :-)

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, Larrisa! Beautiful ornaments. As a mom with an empty house, the first year was awful, but now we go to my daughters home for holidays. No cleaning the house, no cooking a huge meal (I'm really not a fabulous cook), I bring homemade baked goods (I am good at baking), and gifts and just enjoy, help when I'm let into the chef's kitchen. It's really wonderful to see her and her husband so in love and happy. As they get older that's what you want for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jennie! Thanks so much! How kind. I still have a few years to enjoy them at home with me, but I bet the empty nest will be here way before I'm ready! I know it's all in God's plan and it will all work for good! Thanks for the encouragement! Your daughter sounds like a gem!

      Delete
  3. Yours are so beautifully co-ordinated. My sister and I are making these as an annual swap - she has the even numbers, I have the odd. Our trees are full of colour and mismatched ornaments, so our Twelve days of Christmas felt ornaments will be mismatched too. Thanks for a great collection so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Julie! Thanks. I do love a hodge podge though! Jumbly colors are so great. It's why I'm so attracted to quilts. I'm sure your ornaments will be gorgeous! That's really clever to divide the numbers like that. It will be so special for it to be a joint effort.

      Delete
  4. Would these be equally nice made with 100% wool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bolts and Bobbins, they would be ESPECIALLY nice made with 100% wool! Wool blend also works well, but 100% usually has more body.

      Delete
  5. I love every version of these adorable ornaments! I'm having the hardest time deciding which color combo to start with first! Do you have a material/thread/embellishments listing for the Aqua/Mint/Olive Gang somewhere?

    And when you have a free moment (hah!) would you please add this page to your "Twelve Days" page link? I had a Dickins of a time finding this entry and started thinking I'd imagined this whole color scheme!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabitha, I know, right? Choosing colors is so hard because I love EVERYTHING. No, I only have the color guides for the curated bundles! Sorry! You could probably eyeball it pretty well. The felt colors can all be found at Benzie with the exception of the super bright teal color. That's at Felt On The Fly.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wait a minute, the French Hen and the Colly Bird you see in this post ARE in curated bundles, so check out those posts to see the floss and felt colors used for them. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hi, I love your ornaments - would you be willing to make a set for sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! No, I'm sorry, I don't have time to take commissions. You can check this page to request a custom set if you like: https://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/p/mmmakers.html

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!