Monday, December 28, 2015

handmade gifts 2015: a very nice mouse for Thing 2


Have you seen Ann Wood's Very Nice Mice pattern and tutorial? It is just for hand sewing and makes the perfect little ornament-sized mouse. I followed it to make this ornament for my sweet Thing 2.


I added a few of my own touches, of course. Her felt bunny slippers are my favorite part. (Although I can't look at them without hearing a voice say, "He looks like a deranged Easter bunny.")


I also gave her a tiny felt stocking to hold and, of course, a paper cheese wedge. And a little pom pom bow on her head.

I substituted pipe cleaners for the arms and feet instead of using the felt pieces from the pattern. The finished mouse is about 3 inches tall.

I love Ann's original version in its little sailboat! I'd like to try a sailboat ornament next year.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! The slippers are just too much cuteness! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! I fell for the slippers right away, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet as can be! Thank you for sharing, and have a Happy New Year! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Elizabeth! Thank you and happy new year to you!

      Delete
  4. Oh I ditto the comments above, love love love those slippers, and the gorgeous little stocking and cheese. Might have to do some of these next year!! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Wright, thanks so much! I recommend the tutorial. You should try it! It makes for fun hand sewing while watching a movie. You can't beat a mouse for cuteness.

      Delete
  5. You are killing me with those slippers - so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!