Tuesday, November 8, 2016

as long as the front looks nice


There are some excellent crafters in this world whose embroidery looks as great from the back as it does from the front. I am not one of those crafters. 

My philosophy about felt crafting embroidery is as long as it looks neat from the front, the back doesn't matter. I'm all about gettin' it done. I'm just showing you guys this so you don't sweat that part. I've heard from crafters making the Twelve Days ornaments who actually worry about this! Bless your hearts.

I design the ornaments so that any knotty, tangly wrong-sided messes are always hidden in the end. The only thing you need to do in this ornament series is make sure you have no anchor knots on the front. Make the back as ugly as you like! Snip the long ends, tuck in any stray threads, and forget about it. No one's going to see it (unless you publish a shot of it on your blog).  

5 comments:

  1. I don't care about the back either! I'm excited to see the front!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Mine looks like this too!! Your ornaments are beautiful. I can't wait to see what's next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS That will be one pretty apron! I can tell the design from the back ;)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting this :) I also think so that backside doesn't matter much if final thing looks neat and beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, totally agree.
    My mom was a neat and tidy maker of all things. (she lived for 94 years until last month) She did everything perfect.
    I loved her for that. My sister is the same.
    Me? Well, I used to tell my mom I am the sewing slob. Everythng looked perfect on the outside, but inside, there are secrets haha
    Perfection is over rated

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!